The foundation stone for today’s company was laid in 1945 with the establishment of the company Bötcher-Brückmann-Tönisheide. This company was integrated into the Helmerding Group in 1980.
Two years later the production site was moved to Bad Oeynhausen. Helmerding received a positive boost in 1991 when it was incorporated into the Taake Group. The subsequent commercial and technical restructuring within the company rapidly led to the safeguarding of the company's existence and its expansion.